Thursday, November 12, 2009

Comic Adult.

So I'm very much a fan of adult cartoons and comics as they seem completely ironic to me and quite frankly make me feel like I am a part of and included in that irony. However, despite the misleading opening sentence of this post, this post is not about adult cartoons as much as it's about children's cartoons. I have to admit that I am a huge Spongebob fan. And I find it completely weird that as a 19 year old college student, I find amusement in a show meant for a 8-13 year old age range. Or is it? Spongebob most definitely contains humor that most 8-13 year olds would never catch let alone understand. I think it's safe to say that the producers of these shows add humor meant for older audiences. Perhaps a bigger question is: Are producers interested in entertaining all segments or is all the hidden adult humor meant to be hidden only to be later discovered by adults. I am tempted to go with the latter as I personally am a child who has grown up on a show only to return to that show with new meaning and greater understanding.


Or maybe the show is not targeted to me at all and my appreciation for children's program is something that I will have no matter what my age :/

No comments:

Post a Comment